The old and the new worlds intertwine magically at the newly renovated Baroque Pinto Wharf, built by Manuel Pinto da Fonseca in the 18th century and now a fashionable area to dine and shop for tourists and locals alike. The complex originally consisted of nineteen stone warehouses intended to provide an easy commercial thoroughfare from the docks to the capital city. Its decline was reversed in 2005 with the buildings’ respectful reinvention into a centre of leisure, dining and shopping. The Waterfront’s dedicated cruise terminal also provides an attractive welcome to the island for the passengers of the many cruise ships that berth here.
On the waterfront you can enjoy local or international cuisine, a cocktail or coffee, or shop around for local craft. Being popular with Maltese people, Valletta Waterfront provides a good opportunity to mix with local inhabitants.
- A promenade by the colourful and faithfully renovated façades of the old Pinto warehouses.
- Evening dining on the Marina, especially at the open-air tables.
- The formidable view of giant cruise liners berthed at the Waterfront.
- 45/46, Pinto Wharf, Floriana, Malta.
- Tel: +356 25673000
- Email: email@example.com
View on Google Maps
- Valletta Waterfront is a 10 minute walk from Valletta Bus Terminus.
- Bus No. 133 Valletta circular bus from Castille Square with a stop near Fort St Elmo.